Arctic Star Continues Exploration at Diagras, NWT

Mining and Exploration
26/03/2019 11:30

Arctic Star Exploration Corp. of Vancouver has begun this year’s exploration program at the 40% owned Diagras joint venture diamond property in Lac des Gras, Northwest Territories, Canada (NWT). Margaret Lake Diamonds holds the remaining 60% and is the project operator. Preliminary results have been "encouraging."

The Diagras property covers 22,595 hectares with a total of 23 known kimberlites and is located in the prolific Lac de Gras diamond field in the NWT, just 35 km from the world-class Diavik diamond mine. The property lies directly on trend with the Diavik deposits currently being mined by a joint venture between Rio Tinto and Dominion Diamond. This year’s work will include gravity, magnetic and electromagnetic ground surveys around known pipes and at targets from an airborne geophysical survey. These modern techniques techniques are being employed to define possible additional kimberlite(s) or kimberlite phases not identified by previous explorers, who did not utilize all these techniques. Arctic Star has applied for a land use permit that will allow camp construction, drilling and related exploration activities. 

Arctic Star's main focus is on its 100% owned Timantti project comprised of two diamond bearing kimberlites: the Black Wolf and White Wolf Kimberlite, which are situated approximately 450 km away from the multi-billion-dollar Lomonosov and Grib mines in Russia.